When existing as a family-owned business as long as we have – over 140 years! – there are valuable lessons to learn along the way, including this one: In helping families plan funeral services for their loved ones, the trust and confidence of those families we serve means everything. Our neighbors in Greater Queens and Astoria rely on us during the most difficult times in their lives, and we do not take this responsibility lightly. From helping with the preplanning process to meeting at-need funeral and cremation needs, the Farenga team has worked hard to build a legacy of compassionate and quality service.
For us, helping families is not a “job,” but rather a calling. We feel passionately about being there when it matters most, and we know our reputation precedes us. When the Farenga family opened the funeral home in 1876, our reputation was built on word-of-mouth alone. Neighbors talking over fences to neighbors. Families sharing during Sunday supper.
But in this modern age, social networking, websites, and other methods of instant communication have created a whole new dynamic for us when it comes to interacting with families. We keep track of our online reviews and take the feedback we receive seriously. Those words spoken – or in many cases – typed, are typically very frank, refreshingly honest and at times, incredibly touching. We know you need a funeral home you can trust, and so we want to let you know what some of your neighbors are saying about us on Facebook, Yelp, and other places:
- “Gus Antonopoulos and Farenga made a most difficult time, not only bearable, but it was done with much respect and class from the beginning until the end. He and his employees treated us like family and eased the burden of making a lot of decisions at a sad time for us.”
- “Joe earned my trust . . . I truly appreciate his professionalism, invaluable service, and warm personality – it is a rarity in these times.”
- “Thank you so very much for all your help, patience, and understanding during this most difficult time in our lives.”
- “After the recent loss of my mother, the folks at Farenga were a huge comfort to me. Costs were explained to me in a very straightforward way that didn’t make me feel pressured or emotionally blackmailed (something I experienced years before at a funeral home when I lost my dad) . . . Michael, my funeral director, was helpful, informative, friendly, and always ready to help.”
- “On the final day, Kim stood with us as our funeral director. She was always there guiding us through the last viewing, the funeral mass, and the burial. That can be very important to have on the day you know you won’t be thinking straight. I will always be thankful for Farenga and what a comfort they were when I needed them.”
We offer a heartfelt thank you to our customers, who truly are extensions of our family. Remember all of us at Farenga Funeral Home during your time of need, and trust us to guide you through funeral service options, cremation arrangements, special memorials, personalization options, and more. If you have questions, don’t hesitate to call us anytime. We are here for you 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.